Cool Climate Collective
🌲👐🌲 Welcome to The Collective 🌲👐🌲
We bring together investors and operators from Silicon Valley and beyond who are at the intersection of climate and technology in order to accelerate solutions to climate change.
Our LPs have built companies like Tesla, Stripe Climate, Google, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, DoorDash, Twitter, Slack, Square, and Airtable, as well as VCs like AngelList, Techstars, 500 Startups, Next Play Capital, and Lift Ventures.
How to get involved:
- Join the Syndicate (and invest $1k-$50k+ in climate startups with us)
- Pitch Your Startup (for us to put the last $100k-$200k into your funding round)
- Mentor Climate Startups (and support founders working to better the planet)
- Co-invest With Us(and let's share our favorite climate startups)
- Offer Perks to Climate Startups (and help them scale faster)
🌎🔥⌛️ Our Manifesto ⌛️🔥🌎
Climate change is a problem of atoms, not just bits.
And within it rests the single largest investment opportunity, ever.
A changing climate is already affecting every country, company, and human. And it will only get worse.
But where there’s pain, there’s potential. Not only can we be a part of the solution as climate investors, but we can make a profit while doing the right thing.
And change is happening fast.
- 1/3 of the Fortune 500 has climate goals for 2030 or sooner. 
- 19 US states and territories have adopted policies moving to all-renewable or zero-emission electricity. 
- 197 countries, nearly every nation on Earth, has signed the Paris Accord on climate. 
- In India (in just 5 years) 120 climate-tech startups raised $1.2 billion. 
- $2 trillion — the amount the Biden administration aims to spend over 4 years on clean energy sources with a goal of reaching net-zero emissions by 2050. 
- ClimateTech investing is growing 5X faster than overall VC ($60B from 2013-2019). 
- So far in 2021, more climate-focused funds were raised than during the previous 5 years combined. That’s led to VC-backed climate tech companies raising more than $14.2 billion worldwide—88% of the total for all of 2020. 
All signs point to a major industrial and societal carbon transcendence.
Then there are the climate decacorns ($10B+ valuation), including Nest, Beyond Meat, and Impossible Foods. There’s even a climate hectacorn in Tesla with its valuation nearing $1T.
And there could be dozens of climate decacorns by the end of the decade.
Our thesis is simple and backed by over a decade of building, selling, and investing in startups.
What is clear is that we need A LOT more startups to be born and reach scale, FAST
We will often look to fill the last $100K of a founder’s funding round. We co-invest with smart people and we look for strong indicators of execution, especially within the team and traction. Then we support founders with our pool of experienced operators, The Collective.
And with that, we welcome you to The Cool Climate Collective. Let's save the planet with ClimateTech, together.
Sincerely, your friendly climate investors...
Mehrad & Tristan